This mask is one of our favorite hydrating masks, it has so many benefits and great for patients that are sensitive or would like to stay more organic since it’s all botanical based! You can use it as a mask, or as a moisturizer! Smells amazing too! Great to add for our upcoming fall and winter months.
The Epionce Enriched Firming Mask is a botanical based hydrating mask to help soothe and improve the visible appearance of elasticity and firmness of the skin. Helps give the skin a visible boost of hydration. And it truly works! Your skin will immediately feel smoother and silkier. Plus, it has a pleasing, natural smell.
*Key Ingredient & Key Factors*
- Gives the skin extra hydration for firmer looking skin
- Helps soothe and calm irritating factors
- Helps reduce visible redness
- Hydrates and calms the skin with meadowfoam extract, shea butter, safflower seed oil, and avocado oil.
- Helps improve dark spots and brighten skin with orange fruit extract.
- Helps prevent and diminish blemishes with willow bark extract (a derivative of salicylic acid).
Use immediately after cleansing. Apply mask to damp skin. The bottle says to leave on for 5-10 min, but you can do longer if you find that your skin can tolerate it. Once you rinse off, follow up with your favorite serums and moisturizer.
Purchase in-store, online or through our CSS App, available on the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
Time is running out to sign up for our annual Day of Beauty virtual event on Thursday, October 7th from 12:00 am – 11:55 pm CST! Register on our website for free, and gain access to these event specials:
- 20% OFF skincare products on chicagoskinscience.com! (only available to Virtual Day of Beauty guests)
- Online access to event-only discounts on our most popular esthetic, injectable, cosmetic, laser, and body sculpting services!
- Enter for a chance to win FREE cosmetic treatments and skincare products such as Botox, Dysport, Restylane, Alastin, Revision, Neocutis & so much more! (event-day purchase of skincare or treatments is necessary to be eligible for winning raffles)
- Virtual all-day event, shop whenever you want on Oct. 7th!
10% of our Day of Beauty event proceeds will go to the Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Registration is FREE on our website! Your confirmation email will contain the password to enter the main event page on October 7th. We can’t wait to (virtually) see you there!
The Sente Dermal Contour Pressed Serum has already gotten rave reviews from employees and patients saying their skin feels so hydrated, balanced, and smooth.
It’s a great product if you want a serum to smooth out wrinkles and boost collagen (help with volume loss), but also need intense hydration.
Will benefit patients that have more coarse wrinkles and photoaged skin, but because of its luxurious texture and finish on the skin. But it’s never too early to start!
*Key Factors & Key Ingredients*
Helps restore firmness, volume, and elasticity while reinforcing the skin’s youthful contours.
Promotes skin health by improving the appearance of mature, photoaged, and dehydrated skin.
Decreases the appearance of coarse wrinkles.
Good for all skin types – can be used as a moisturizer for the oily types and used as a serum before your moisturizer for the dry types.
Contains three breakthrough glycosaminoglycans (Heparan Sulfate Analog, Dermatan Sulfate Analog, and Chondroitin Sulfate Analog) in one pressed serum to help tighten sagging skin for a more youthful contour.
Shop in-store, online our through our Chicago Skin Science App! Free to download on the Google Play Store and Apple Store.
SkinBetter Science™ Trio Rebalancing Moisture Treatment
This week’s product is one of Dr. Rachel Pritzker‘s favorites that we now have!
Great for all skin types and approved to be used in the morning and night for rejuvenating moisture. The SkinBetter Science™ Trio Rebalancing Moisture Treatment is a heavy-but-weightless moisturizer provides essential hydration to the skin.
*Key Factors & Key Ingredients*
Has skin’s natural moisturizing factors (NMF)
Bring moisture and hydration balance back to the skin
Support healthier-looking skin, resulting in improved appearance and radiance, suppleness and smoothness
Visible improvement in the look of fine lines, and wrinkles
Directions: Apply 1 to 2 pumps to the face and neck and décolleté as your last step before sunscreen.
Purchase yours in-store or over the phone at 312-245-9965 option 4!
Pregnancy And Breastfeeding Safe Skincare
At Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology we realize that pregnancy and breastfeeding are a vital time in yours and your child’s lives. So we want to make sure that you are still getting the best Pregnancy/Breastfeeding safe skincare possible during this time. Below you will find bundles and skincare lines that are great AND safe to use!
- IS Clinical Cleansing Complex – AM 1 / PM 1
- CCSD Correct Brightening Pads – AM 2
- Revision C+ Correcting complex – AM 3
- Revision Intellishade – AM 4
- IS Clinical Active Serum – PM2 (follow with Moisturizer)
- IS Clinical Cleansing Complex – AM 1 / PM 2
- Elta MD Clear Sunscreen – AM 2
- IS Clinical Active Serum – PM 2 (follow with moisturizer)
- Epionce Spot Treatment – As Needed
- CCSD Azelaic Acid (RX) – As Directed
Not looking to get a full bundle? Check out these Pregnancy/Breastfeeding safe skincare products, sold at Chicago Skin Science! Shop in-store, online or through our CSS App, that you can download for free, on the App Store or Google Play Store.
CCSD CORRECT SMOOTHING CREAM
Key Ingredients: Glycolic Acid & Urea
Glycolic acid and Urea both moisturize, exfoliate, and retexturize rough, dry patches.
Provides intense therapy for dry skin, leaving skin softer and smoother.
Helps improve the appearance of KP (keratosis pilaris)
Exfoliating peptides and amino acids mimic skin’s natural moisturizing factor.
Fractionated hyaluronic acid draws moisture deep within the dermis.
Texture is smooth, a little waxy, medium to thick consistency. No strong smell.
This is primarily used as a body cream, but best use will be up to the provider. Safe to use during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Directions: For large areas of the body, apply sparingly using a pea sized amount, for targeted areas (hands, elbows, knees), apply a quarter sized amount to each area twice daily.
Shop in-store, online or through our Chicago Skin Science App! Free to download for iPhone and Android.
SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel is a soothing moisturizing gel that hydrates, comforts and alleviates redness and sensitivity. Powered by hyaluronic acid, cucumber, thyme, and other botanical ingredients, this gel serum gently replenishes moisture and improves the appearance of visual redness while mulberry minimizes the appearance of discoloration to boost a brighter and fresher-looking complexion.
- Thyme, Olive and Cucumber Extracts: botanicals that soothe and calm the skin
- Eucalyptus Leaf: an essential oil that delivers a purifying feeling to the skin
- Hyaluronic Acid: a natural humectant capable of holding 1,000 times its own weight in water, making it an ideal moisturizer when applied topically
- Calms and hydrates the skin
- Minimizes the appearance of discoloration
- Encourages a brighter and more radiant appearance
- Ideal for all skin types including acne-prone skin
SKIN TYPES THAT WILL BENEFIT FROM PRODUCT: Dry, Normal, Oily, Combination, Sensitive
IF YOU HAVE THESE SKIN CONCERNS, THIS PRODUCT WILL HELP: Sensitized, Dehydrated, Blotchiness, Discoloration, Acne, Aging. Post procedure patients that have sensitive skin that is irritated and red.
How to use: As needed, apply 2-3 drops to face, neck, and chest. Can be used on other areas of the body as needed. Can be used AM or PM.
Shop in-store, online or through our Chicago Skin Science App – available for free download on the Google Play Store and App Store.
Sure, the pandemic has been hard on all of our daily beauty routines! But are there any hygiene risks with skipping the shower? We revisit a previous USA Today article with Dr. Carolyn Jacob back in 2017 explaining some of the repercussions of not showering for long periods of time!
- You’d develop an odor
- “Oily parts of your body would collect dirt & pollutants” -Dr. Jacob
- Higher risk of infection
- Your “hair becomes heavy with oil secreted from the scalp and the collected dirt and pollutants that stick to it” -Dr. Jacob
- “As bacteria builds on your skin, it risks inflaming hair follicles, causing pimples.” Dr. Jacob
- Your groin can develop “intertrigo, a yeast and inflammation combination that goes from itchy and red to burning and painful” -Dr. Jacob
- “Dead skin would build up between your toes and become crusty.” -Dr. Jacob
How often should I shower?
So what’s the deal? How often do we ACTUALLY have to shower? Although some of the above cases are after extended periods of time, it’s recommended to shower every other day. However, this might not be the case for people who exercise frequently or work physically active jobs. If you work outside in the heat, are a line cook or moving shipments all day for example, you would be more prone to sweat and require daily showers. But if you work an indoor desk job with minimal movement throughout the day, then showering every other day should be fine for you.
For you regular shower takers out there, try some of these tips from our providers to help keep your skin healthy regardless of how often you’re sudsing up.
- Keep showers under 15 minutes
- Do not shower in extremely hot water
- Pick products that don’t have harsh fragrances or perfumes – like the Elta Foaming Cleanser or the Revita Shampoo and Conditioner
- Pat dry after getting out the shower
- Moisturize immediately after drying to seal in moisture
Be sure to consult your CCSD Board-Certified Dermatologist or Certified Physician Assistant on any skin issues you may have. Call our office at 312-245-9965 option 2, to schedule your appointment or book online.
Check out the full USA TODAY article here.
Product of the Week: Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash
Smooths rough bumps and uneven skin texture associated with Keratosis Pilaris. This 8.8 PFAV™ Glycolic Acid-based body wash deeply cleanses while exfoliating dead surface skin cells to reveal softer skin. The Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash is great for oil and blemish prone skin. This is typically only used for the body and can be used 2-3 times a week or as tolerated.
Smooths away rough bumps and dry patches associated with Keratosis Pilaris
Exfoliates dead surface skin cells
Rich lather deeply cleanses, leaving skin feeling fresh, smooth and revitalized
Squeeze an ample amount onto a bath pouf or wet washcloth and massage over the entire body, working into a rich lather. Use once a day, or as directed by your physician. Concentrate on areas of the body that are the roughest and driest. Rinse thoroughly. For optimal results, follow with your favorite body lotion!
Shop in-store, online or through our Chicago Skin Science App!
Let’s talk skincare, call 312-245-9965 option 4 to speak to our Store Associates!
The Neocutis BioCream Firm is an AGE-DEFYING non-comedogenic moisturizer is best for NORMAL TO DRY SKIN TYPES, or if you have skin that gets dry in the winter, but still has some oilier regions on the face, you will LOVE this cream.
- Formulated with patented PSP®, a nourishing protein blend including Human Growth Factors, Interleukins and other Cytokines for state-of-the-art skin revitalization.
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and enhances the appearance of skin firmness
- Contains glycerin, wheat germ oil, and borage seed oil to help replenish moisture for nourished-looking skin
- And as a bonus: it nurtures skin after cosmetic or dermatologic procedures! (fun fact: the Neocutis line was founded on wound healing research, they implemented that knowledge to the formulation of their products, meaning the ingredients they use are very healing and soothing to the skin)
- Has Firming technology which are peptides that are formulated to help tighten the skin.
It is marketed as a NIGHT CREAM, since Neocutis sells Journee for the day, but it is okay to use in the morning as well if you are dry. Just make sure to apply SPF after!
And now, during the the month of August, you can earn DOUBLE Neo Rewards points!! Download the Neocutis Rewards app for free on your iPhone or Android!