The Best CSS Skincare For The Summer
Summertime in Chicago means long beach days, weekend trips and relaxing with friends and family at the park. (plus so much more!!) Here are some of our very own Chicago Skin Science products we carry that are perfect for the hot summer days ahead. Whether it’s clogged pores, hyperpigmentation or just sun protection, here are just SOME of the best CSS skincare products for the Summer:
First and Foremost – SUNSCREEN!
EltaMD Clear SPF 46: A CCSD Staff and Patient favorite!! Formulated with high-purity Niacinamide to help reduce the appearance of blemishes, discoloration, and photo-damaged Skin. Available in Tinted or non-tinted and great for acne-prone skin!
EltaMD Daily SPF 40: A sheer SPF with lightweight moisturizers, formulated with hyaluronic acid. Available in Tinted or non-tinted!
Congested Skin Be Gone! Cleansers For All Skin
- Revision Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser: Just one bottle is a 3-month supply! This soap and sulfate free formula also contains unique amino acids that provides a comfortable clean feeling to even the most irritated and dry skin. Because let’s face it, your skin can also get dehydrated too with this sun!
- EltaMD Foaming Facial Cleanser: This PH balancing foaming cleanser contains bromelain enzymes to gently exfoliate but not overly strip the skin. Perfect for those wanting a clean feeling without compromising the skin’s moisture barrier. Also available in a travel size perfect for weekend getaways!
Get Your Tone On This Summer!
- Revision Exfoliating Facial Rinse: This bad boy should definitely last the whole summer because it’s a professional-size of 16 fl. oz.! If you’re prone to acne or blocked comedones, this is the toner for you. Containing witch hazel astringent, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid, your summer forecast is looking clear!
- PCA Skin Nutrient Toner: Need a gentler toner that’s still exfoliating AND smells like a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte? Then this toner is for you! Boost your natural brightness with this toner pumpkin wine enzymes.
Hydrate Without Feeling Greasy
- Avene Tolerance Control Soothing Skin Recovery Cream: This gentle moisturizer will restore the skin barrier while not feeling too greasy on the skin. It contains D-Sensinose postbiotic derived from Avène’s famous Thermal Spring Water to help hydrate and keep any skin type feeling comfortable.
- CSS Revive Moisturize: Don’t forget we carry our very own lightweight day cream! This affordable cream contains hero ingredients like moisturizing ceramides and Vitamins A,C,E to fight free radicals.
Summertime Antioxidants Are A Must!
- Skinbetter Alto Advanced: This isn’t your run-of-the-mill Vitamin C serum! Alto Advanced is a super-potent antioxidant serum that helps shield the skin against the effects of internal and external free radicals. Vitamins C and E, plus 17 additional antioxidants brings a new level of comprehensive defense.
- Avene A-Oxitive Water Cream: This elegant antioxidant only costs $42 and contains 1.8% ascorbyl glucoside (derivative of Vitamin C) which supports collagen and brightening. It also has Vitamin E for free radical defense, HA hydration, and mother of pearl luminescence.
Roll Back The Clock All Summer Long
- Neocutis Biogel Firm: We LOVE LOVE LOVE this PSP (processed skincare proteins) powered hydrogel! It’s super lightweight and is great for oily skin. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles, hydrate and tighten all in one product!
- Neocutis Journee Firm: Dr. Carolyn Jacob‘s holygrail skincare product! This one-and-done anti-aging product contains PSP technology, protecting antioxidants AND an SPF of 30! Just use in the AM and you’re ready to go!