From our Esthetics Coordinator and Licensed Esthetician, Meaghan – Dermalinfusion Microdermabrasion
It’s that time of year! The season is changing and our skin is looking not as vibrant as our summer skin!
The SilkPeel Microdermabrasion can help exfoliate, extract and infuse all at the same time. We customize your treatment to give you the glow that you want, targeting acne, pigmentation, hydration and overall health of your skin. We pick a diamond tip based upon your skin to help exfoliate the dead skin off to allow your products to penetrate and reveal a glow that will make your friends envious! The suction helps pull that dead skin up, as well as loosen up any dirt or debris that may be in our pores and infuses a solution for optimal penetration!
You will walk out refreshed, smoother, and feeling so clean! Absolutely no down time with this treatment, you can wear makeup directly after and go about your normal routine!”
Give our office a call at 312-245-9965 opt. 2 to schedule your esthetic treatment with Meaghan Dare, LE or one of our other expert licensed estheticians.
With the changing seasons, our providers wanted to give our patients their top skin care tips to keep your skin healthy all year long!
- Wear sunscreen: Sun protection should be applied during any season, even on gray and gloomy days. Dr. Rachel Pritzker loves EltaMD UV Elements SPF 44, which is gentle for even the most sensitive skin types. The chemical-free sunscreen provides safe but sure sun protection. The mineral-based UV filters work with hydrating hyaluronic acid to protect and hydrate the skin.
- Protect dry lips: Our Physician Assistant duo, Whitney and Brittany, recommend you carry a product like Dr. Dan’s Cortibalm with cortisone for extremely chapped lips (applied twice per day) or the Avène Cicalfate Lip Balm for moisture. Apply generously to ensure lips remain protected and plump.
- Moisturize: Your skin needs to stay hydrated to be healthy. You may even need to upgrade to something a little more rich and emollient to survive the colder temperatures. Dr. Lauren Fine suggests the Avène Skin Recovery Cream for face and Avène Xeracalm Balm for body. If using a moisturizer doesn’t quite quench the thirst prep, Dr. Carolyn Jacob suggests prepping the skin with Revision Hydrating Serum first.
- Check moles head-to-toe: Our CCSD providers recommend having your skin examined annually. Call us at 312-245-9965 opt. 2 and ask for a Full Body Skin Examination. At home you can check your skin for any new moles, growths or signs of irritation. If anything changes or something new appears – we need to know about it!
From our Licensed Esthetician, Angela – PCA Antioxidant treatment
I am so excited for this month’s special – $25 OFF a custom Microdermabrasion with Dermalinfusion and an added PCA Skin Antioxidant Exfoliation treatment! The best of both worlds, this treatment begins with a Silkpeel Dermalinfusion Microdermabrasion which extracts all the dead skin and debris from your pores. A PCA Antioxidant Exfoliation is done next, to brighten and exfoliate your skin leaving your face feeling crystal clear! I like to describe the PCA Antioxidant Exfoliation as a great way to boost the customized Microdermabrasion with a hint of a chemical peel; specifically a Sensi Peel mixed with PCA Skin’s Nutrient Toner. My patient’s love this treatment, which is perfect for people battling acne, light hyperpigmentation, or just wanting a more clear and even skin tone. It’s safe for all skin types, even sensitive skin! Call to schedule with me or one of our other Licensed Estheticians today at 312-245-9965 opt. 2!
In a continuing effort to reduce our carbon footprint, Chicago Skin Science is thrilled to announce our new recycling program! Patients who bring in the empty container of their favorite skincare products bought at CSS can receive 10% OFF the purchase of the same product! Don’t feel guilty using that last pump, come in today and save while doing good for the planet!
We have two rewards programs here at CCSD and we want to make sure YOU, our patients, are aware and getting all the info you need to see which one is right for you!
Chicago Cosmetic Insider Membership (CCIM)
CCIM is a subscription membership that allows you to make easy monthly payments that go towards your yearly treatment plan, avoiding a large upfront cost at check-out. Your personalized treatment plan is customized to your provider-prescribed aesthetic treatment or skincare regime that specifically addresses your skincare goals. There are no hidden fees and members receive a complimentary Dermalinfusion Microdermabrasion with one of our Licensed Estheticians and an EltaMD Daily Sunscreen when you sign up!
CCSD Rewards Points
All CCSD patients accrue 1 point for every dollar spent on eligible product purchases and cosmetic services. As you spend, our database tracks points for you – it’s so easy! When you accrue enough points, you become eligible for discounts on skin care product purchases, Esthetician services, neurotoxin treatment (Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau and Xeomin), filler and laser resurfacing procedures. You have the option to use points as you accrue, or save for a bigger discount on another service, which is a great incentive to try something new! CCSD reward program points can be combined with Brilliant Distinction and Aspire rebates but cannot be combined with any other promotion.
Be sure to ask for our Cosmetic Concierge, Kaya Flowers, if you have any questions about either of these programs at 312-245-9965 ext. 1300!
We are highlighting the newest addition to our antioxidant serums – Skinbetter Science Alto Defense Serum!
Why do we love this product at CCSD? It has a super light, silky texture. This antioxidant serum offers daily protection from free radicals and improvement of the appearance of uneven tone and redness.
Key Factors & Key Ingredients
- Combines Vitamin C ( Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate* ) and Vitamin E ( Tocopherol ) PLUS 17 additional antioxidant ingredients designed to provide a new level of comprehensive and dynamic defense against free radicals.
- Enhances vitality and improvement in skin tone and luminosity.
- Reduces the appearance of background redness and dark spots and uneven tone.
- Loaded with brightening and calming botanical extracts to keep skin bright and hydrated. Includes Licorice Root and Turmeric Root Extract, Olive and Grape Seed Extract, and more!!
- Winner of 2017 Allure Beauty Expert Award!
Directions – This product can be used AM and PM. Use after cleansing with your favorite face wash. One pump applied all over face.
Your trusted CCSD Dermatologist is the best person to help manage any back to school skin issues. Acne breakouts, dry skin, rashes, warts and molloscum contagiosum can be common occurrences during the school semester, all of which are simple to treat with the right medical care and skin regimen. With hours running from 8am to 6:30pm, and two Saturday clinics per month, we have plenty of before and after school availability. We also offer online remote dermatology appointment via our OnlineMD website, which means even if you are going away to college you can still receive medical care from your CCSD provider, or be seen remotely if you are experiencing a flare up. Need skincare products to keep up your regimen? Look no further than the Chicago Skin Science; our store is great for any product refills – we ship across the USA and shipping is waived for all purchases over $100. Convenience has never been so easy!
We are highlighting one of Angela’s favorite products! IS Clinical Active Serum!
Why is this a CCSD favorite? It is great for ANYONE, but particularly great for pregnant or nursing patients, patients that can’t tolerate a retinol, or patients that like to lean more towards the natural, botanical side of the spectrum with their skincare products.
What to know about IS Clinical Active Serum?
- Resurfacing serum – Gets the “retinol” results, without the downtime
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Diminishes the appearance of uneven skin tone
- Excellent for blemish-prone skin
- Smooths and softens the skin, enhances hydration
- Gives the appearance of smaller pores
- Provides both rapid and long-term results
- Sugar Cane Extract (source of glycolic acid): gently exfoliates the skin for a renewed complexion
- Bilberry Extract (source of lactic acid): a natural exfoliant with moisturizing properties
- White Willow Bark Extract (source of salicylic acid): exfoliates the skin and deep-cleanses pores
- Arbutin & Mushroom Extract: assists in minimizing the appearance of uneven skin tone while brightening the overall complexion
Use in the evening after cleansing. Because of the consistency you’ll want to use this before any other serums or creams. Potent activity will be noted upon application as evidenced by a cool tingling sensation. Excellent for all skin types and for all ages. Pregnancy, nursing safe. Paraben free.
CSS is thrilled to announce our new recycling program! Our office will offer 10% off to patients who bring in the empty container of their skincare products. *It must be redeemed for the same product
Our patients have had fantastic CoolSculpting results since 2010, but did you know there’s a skincare product that’s proven to enhance AND speed up body fat reduction?? Alastin TransFORM Body Treatment stimulates the acceleration of the breakdown of fat when used twice daily after a CoolSculpting treatment. We also suggest it to our patients to protect their body sculpting or skin tightening investment with clinically-backed, maximized results. This month, get 20% OFF Alastin TransFORM Body Treatment in-office or on our website so you can enjoy all the benefits this body lotion today!
Online ordering is now easier then ever, because we are now offering product order pickup with our new store, Chicago Skin Science, Ltd.! Perhaps you don’t want to pay for shipping if you live a few blocks away or you just can’t wait to try out your new skincare product! Just select “Local Pickup” during checkout, and our Store Associates will send you a follow-up email when your order is ready to be picked up! Try it out today with our EltaMD May special, and get a FREE 3oz EltaMD SPF50 Sport when you purchase $60 or more of EltaMD sunscreen!
As our office space becomes bigger, so does our Esthetics department! Stay tuned, as we’re adding new services and expanding our treatments in the very near future!
Our Esthetics Manager, Meaghan Dare, LE, can see her patients four days a week, now on Monday – Thursday during normal office hours. Our Estheticians Lizz Malave, LE will be seeing patients on Wednesday and Friday, and Angela Preski, LE will be seeing patients on Monday and Friday, both during normal business hours. Feel free to give us a call at 312-245-9965 option 2 to schedule your consultation or treatment, like the customized PCA Peel April special, with one of our experienced Licensed Estheticians!