We asked Angela Preski, Licensed Esthetician
and skin care expert at Chicago Cosmetic Surgery
and Dermatology, what her favorite at home skin care
routine for brighter skin is.
Go-to skincare for radiant skin.
Now that we’re all staying at home much more than we could have ever imagined, I feel like my skin (and myself) can use any brightening pick-me-up that’s available. I love using Chicago Skin Science’s new Curated Brightening Skincare Kit! Think of it as a mini peel treatment you can easily do at home, no esthetician required. Does that mean your skin will actually peel off? Probably not, this brightening treatment is mild on the skin, which means you don’t have to worry about peeling skin falling off your face. What you will see is a luminous, bright finish to the skin! The more regularly you do this routine, the better the results you will see; once or twice a week is perfect! It’s ideal for normal, combo, or oily skin. Just about any skin type can do this routine except for the very sensitive.
Wash away the day.
1. First, I start by cleansing with my everyday face wash – I personally love the iS Clinical Cleansing Complex and the Elta Foaming Facial Cleanser. Use whichever cleanser you have at home! Once I rinse it off that takes care of my first cleanse, now onto the second cleanse. Doing a double cleanse allows for better exfoliating of the pores and allows for greater penetration of the products that I will put on following the face wash.
2. For my second cleanse I use the PCA Skin Pigment Bar – a wonderful cleanser with kojic acid, azelaic acid, and niacinamide to help brighten the skin. I LOVE PCA’s cleansing bars! I have several patients that swear by them. Wet the sponge that comes with the bar, lather it up in the jar, and apply to the face. Leave it on for about 5 minutes (you can apply with a Clarisonic brush instead of the sponge, for extra exfoliation). After that, rinse off the cleanser thoroughly.
3. After that, grab a cotton pad and apply PCA Nutrient Toner for further benefits to the skin with it’s enzymes and antioxidants packed in. In addition, with the pumpkin wine extract and cinnamon ingredients, it smells so yummy!
Finish off the routine to seal in the benefits.
4. Then, I apply one of my favorite medical grade sheet masks, the Sesha Cell White Brightening Mask. This mask is formulated with alpha-arbutin, a powerful brightener, plus advanced peptides and antioxidants! Leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Take off the sheet mask and pat any excess serum left from the mask into the skin.
5. Finally, I apply Epionce Enriched Firming Mask as my last step to lock in all the brightening ingredients from the previous steps and give a boost of hydration. I swear by this mask, as does just about everyone else at CCSD! It smells so fresh and lovely, feels great on the skin, and above all it leaves my skin feeling so soft and hydrated.
Leave the mask on to sleep in overnight (a thin layer so it dries nicely) and remove it the next morning. In conclusion, I loved how smooth and glowing my skin looked the next day! If you have the extra time in the evening for this at home skin care routine, I can’t recommend it enough to reveal a glowing complexion overnight!