Oil-free EltaMD UV Clear helps calm and protect sensitive skin types prone to breakouts, rosacea and discoloration. It contains niacinamide (vitamin B3), hyaluronic acid and lactic acid, ingredients that promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin. Very lightweight and silky, it may be worn with makeup or alone. Choose from tinted and untinted formulas for use every day.
- Includes medical grade silicone + zinc oxide
- No chemical sunscreens
- Helps prevent UV-induced scar hyperpigmentation
- Non-comedogenic and non-irritating
- Ideal for exposed areas such as face, neck, chest, arms, hands
A lightweight, all physical, broad-spectrum sunscreen that provides daily protection from damaging UVA/UVB rays. The formulation is rich in antioxidants that shield against pollution induced damage, ingredients that improve skin hydration and has a natural hint of tint compatible with all skin types.
- All physical, lightweight formulation
- Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
- Environmental pollution protection
- Universal tint enhances most skin tones
Guys, we’ve told you before and we’ll tell you again: Sunscreen alone is not enough to keep sun damage away. Before you have a freckle freakout and cry into your EltaMD, we have the solution! In honor of our awesome monthly special we wanted to spread the love about these two skincare BFF’s: antioxidants and sunscreens. So why do they work so well together? There is significant research to show that antioxidants help prevent free radical damage that causes unhealthy or mutant cells. Sunscreen is still important because it prevents those molecules from getting to your cells in the first place. In short, adding a layer of an antioxidant serum or lotion under your sunscreen can add an extra line of defense for your skin and reduce photo-aging effects of the sun. Protect, apply and reapply!
Here are our favorite combos:
For: Acne or Combination Skin
SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Serum + EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF46
Why it works: The SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF is oil free, containing 2% Phloretin, an ingredient that helps improve cell turnover, and improves the appearance of discoloration. EltaMD UV Clear SPF46 contains niacinamide which can help to calm the angry redness we often see with acne papules. Both have nice light formulations!
For: Dry or Mature Skin
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Serum + EltaMD UV Daily SPF40
Why it works: The skinceuticals C E Ferulic contains 1% Alpha Tocopherol, a form of vitamin E, helping to neutralize free radical damage and replenish skin lipids. The EltaMD UV Daily (which comes in a tinted and non-tinted option) contains hyaluronic acid, the drink-for-your-skin water molecule to help keep skin hydrated.
SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Gel + EltaMD UV Sport Broad Spectrum SPF50
Why it works: The comforting light gel texture is ideal for normal, oily and combination skin. It is proven to be well tolerated by men, particularly post-shaving. The EltaMD UV Sport SPF50 is ideal for swimmers, skiers, runners, golfers or those who just love to be outdoors. UV Sport is water-resistant so it won’t rinse off in water or drip into your eyes and sting when you sweat.
For: One & Done
Neocutis Journee Bio-restorative Day Cream SPF30 + Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF50
Why it works: Neocutis Journee is a multifunctional anti-aging cream containing a potent blend of collagen growth factors, hyaluronic acid, powerful anti-oxidants and a broad-spectrum SPF30 to help rejuvenate, hydrate, protect, nourish and revitalize the skin in just one application! Of course sunscreen requires re-application every two hours, so we recommend topping up with the Sunforgettable SPF50 mineral sunscreen brush, which feels weightless and fits easily into your purse or bag. It is perfect for on-the-go protection and skips the mess of traditional liquid sunscreens. No spills and non-greasy.
- Growth factors rejuvenate the skin to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles AND redefine the look of facial contours.
- Peptides restore by improving texture, tone, elasticity, and firmness AND support collagen and elastin production.
- Acetyl Glucosamine brightens skin tone and gently exfoliates.
- Sodium Hyaluronate and Glycerin boosts hydration.
- Pullulan aids in skin tightening and improving elasticity.
- Glutamine supports collagen production.
- Good for all skin types and pregnancy safe!
- While everyone can benefit from this, this is a good one to recommend to a patient with deep wrinkles and sagging skin concerns.
A favorite among oily or acne prone skin or anyone wanting a lightweight and fluffy moisturizer!
- Feather-light, whipped texture. Good for normal to combo or oily skin.
- Hydrating formula helps keep skin calm and balanced – Borage seed oil & Evening primrose oil – calms the skin
- Antioxidant protection with Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant that strengthens & protects the skin
- Niacinamide – hydrates the skin
Alastin Restorative Skin Complex
- Emollient formulation helps volumize and lift aging skin
- Improves the appearance of thinning skin and fines lines and wrinkles
- Potent antioxidants like phytoene, niacinamide, and more help brighten & even skin tone and help protect the skin from further sun damage.
- Contains a peptide that aids proteins in maintaining the structure of the dermis and the epidermis.
- Good for all skin types, pregnancy safe, versatile enough to use as a serum or moisturizer depending on your skin.