May’s Healthy Skin Recipe is a Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breast from Whole Living. Enjoy!
Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, dried
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Seasonal green salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine breadcrumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices and green salad.
Walnuts are rich in Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant, to help quench free radicals and stop them from destroying your skin. They also are packed full of omega 3 fatty acids which are anti inflammatory and help with the skin’s moisturization. Eat them whenever you can!
Your skin is your largest and most visible organ, and taking good care of it will allow you to look and feel great. Take a look at these sites to learn more about treatments for skin conditions such as psoriasis and hyperhidrosis:
Psoriasis may be triggered by a combination of genetic predisposition and outside factors. Learn more about known psoriasis triggers on Psoriasis.org.
In some cases, psoriasis is accompanied by arthritis or joint pain and swelling. Find out how to recognize this condition early on Health.com.
Learn more about how and why the body sweats on the website of the International Hyperhidrosis Society.
Does underarm sweating negatively affect your life? Find out if miraDry is right for you with this information from the miraDry website.
Read more about excessive sweating and what it means in this article by The Huffington Post.
Ever feel that your moisturizer isn’t giving you enough hydration? Has your skin ever felt dry even though you have just applied a moisturizer? If you have answered yes to either of these questions then I recommend you give Hyalis a try. When you apply this fabulous serum underneath your current moisturizer it will deliver immediate moisture for youthful, radiant looking skin.
It’s a must have product if you travel on a regular basis and your skin suffers from constant dryness. If you’re just starting off on topical retinoid such Retin-A, it offers instant relief with surface dryness and redness. This is often a common side effect when just starting off on topical prescriptions creams.
My personal experience with Hyalis is that it gives my skin that glow and dewy, hydrated appearance. My skin definitely can’t survive the cold, dry winter months without Hyalis because it helps significantly with my surface dryness and skin sensitivity. It especially helps with allowing my night time moisturizer to penetrate deeper into my skin leaving it plump as well as hydrated.
Some fun facts about Sodium Hyaluronate, which is the main component of Hyalis, is that is has water retaining properties that creates a sponge like effect, absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight for optimal skin hydration. This wonderful molecule will literally draw in your moisturizer deep into your skin to offer instant relief and intense hydration.
- It will smooth and plump skin with the highest concentration of pure, pharmaceutical grade Hyaluronate for maximum tolerability and efficacy. Tip…great for under the eyes!
- Soothes stressed skin during the dry winter months and following any cosmetic procedure and helps to speed the recovery process.
- Minimizes the signs of skin aging and helps restore radiance.
Use AM and PM and you’ll see immediate results that you’ll love. Price $55
Julie Blecker is a licensed medical aesthetician who has worked in aesthetics for over 12 years. She performs a variety of aesthetic procedures including microdermabrasion, chemical peels and deep pore cleanse. She has a passion for aesthetics and making her patients feel great in their own skin.
…Miracle in a bottle.
I have been using Latisse for four years and my eyelashes have completely transformed from average to fabulous with only one thing…Latisse. I often get asked if I have fake lashes on or eyelash extensions. I have tried the fake lashes but I’ve never been very good at applying them and so half way through my evening, they are usually falling out and can make for an embarrassing situation! My secret is Latisse. And it’s less time consuming and overall less expensive than the alternatives. My lashes look great with mascara but I can even go without mascara now. They have made my lashes not only longer, but also fuller and darker.
And it’s very easy to use. Just apply directly to the skin of the upper eyelid margin and the base of the eyelashes (like using eyeliner) every night. It takes about four weeks for you to notice the effects but being patient is well worth it! Latisse is a prescription and can be purchased through our office. Give us a call and make a wish on your new eyelashes!
Trish, Patient Entry Staff and Cosmetic Coordinator