If you’ve been keeping up with the CDC’s recommendations for protecting yourself from the COVID-19 virus (we hope you are), you’re probably feeling the effects of washing your hands for 20 seconds several times a day. Here are some of the best products from Chicago Skin Science that will save your hands from the toll of constant cleaning. Our providers also suggest that you use warm, not hot, water to avoid stripping your skin barrier of even more of natural oils. Try to choose a soap that is moisturizing and fragrance free. Finish with one of the following moisturizers immediately after hand washing to lock in hydration!
There’s very few skin issues that a little Aquaphor can’t handle! It’s an affordable option that’s perfect for on-the-go use.
Aquaphor Healing Ointment – $12.96
- Great for dry, cracked, irritated skin
- Helps restore smooth, healthy skin
Avene Xeracalm Balm – $33
- Ideal for redness, itchy, eczema prone skin
- Approved by the National Eczema Association
- Formulated without any preservatives, parabens or fragrances
- Suitable for infants, children and adults
- Restores and brings relief to dry, cracked hands
- Lasts through up to 5 hand washings
- 91% noticed reduction of tightness, tingling, heat/burning sensations, itching
- 51% reduction of redness, roughness, thickened skin, blisters and cracks
This hand cream is a wallet AND hand saver enriched with ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
- Helps repair, restore and protect rough, dry, and irritated hands
- Formulated with essential ceramides, niacinamide and hyaluronic acid
- Non-greasy cream that helps repair your skin’s natural skin barrier while protecting from the harmful irritants and allergens that your hands encounter every day
- Clinically proven to moisturize dry, flaky skin up to 12 hours
- Helps maintain moisture, even after hand washing
- Protects against urban pollution
- Brightens the appearance of skin tone
- Has “quick dry” ingredients that doesn’t leave an oily or sticky residue