The holidays are around the corner, and we at CCSD want to make sure your skin stays clear and glowing. To help prevent breakouts and blotchiness, follow these 5 simple rules:
- Drink plenty of water – multiple holiday parties means late nights and cocktails. Both can wreak havoc on your skin. Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day and the evening. 80-90 ounces a day are recommended
- Sleep – no one should fault you for leaving the party a wee bit early to get some good zzzzz’s. Especially if you have multiple late nights out in a row. Sleep allows your body to detoxify itself, and repair damaged skin cells. So get 8 hours if you can.
- Exercise – you don’t want holiday food to pack on the pounds, but you also need stress relief during the holiday season. Stress leads to increases in oil production and acne. Stress also causes a breakdown in collagen, leading to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Wash your face before you go to bed – don’t leave party makeup on overnight where it can mesh with oils and plug up pores. Keep your skin crystal clear by using the Clarisonic Pro brush to wash each night.
- Avoid excess sugars – they increase oil production on the skin, which leads to unsightly acne bumps. Sugars also may lead to early cell death and destruction of collagen, leading to wrinkling skin.
Follow these simple rules, and enjoy your holidays with great skin!