Top 5 Foods for Younger, Healthier-Looking Skin
- Nuts, especially almonds- They are rich in Vitamin E which is the primary antioxidant to quench those damaging “free radicals” that form from the sun and pollution. Free radicals lead to inflammation and the breakdown of collagen and elastic tissue forming wrinkles and aged-appearing skin.
- Blueberries- They are super high in antioxidants, such as proanthocyanidins, to help protect the skin.
- Onion (raw)- It contains high levels of quercitin, the most common flavonol antioxidant.
- Salmon- It is rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which are anti-inflammatory and also help to moisturize the skin.
- Tomatoes (raw)- They are rich in lycopene, a carotenoid with antioxidant properties to control inflammation that could break down the collagen and elastic tissue in your skin, leading to wrinkles and damaged skin. It also contains Vitamin C, the major component for collagen formation- and don’t forget, Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put them in a fruit salad.
You are what you eat, literally. Everything you consume affects your skin, so choose wisely.