This month’s recipe comes from WholeLiving.com. It’s a Curry-Rubbed Salmon with Napa Slaw.
Curry Rubbed Salmon with Napa Slaw
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound Napa cabbage (1/2 head), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4 salmon filets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add rice. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, mint, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss.
- Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. About 10 minutes before rice is done cooking, place salmon on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Rub salmon with curry, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve alongside salad and salmon.
Pepper is full of antioxidants, while cabbage has an antioxidant known as quercitin. Carrots provide vitamin A which acts to reduce oxidants in the skin. Lime juice contains Vitamin C, which is necessary for collagen production. Grapeseed oil helps with moisturizing the skin and salmon is rich in Omega 3’s which are anti-inflammatory and help with acne, rosacea, eczema, and dry skin. Bon Appetite!